Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Your Busy Road

Background: I'd say this was written late April 2006. It's about making up with somebody, even though it seems like a bad idea and everyone is saying you shouldn't. I guess it's supposed to be a song.

If I screw myself over then you'll screw yourself, too

It's what all the other people without love seem to do


And you'll do it without any shame


'Cause to feel good, you've got no other way

And you think you can get away

With taking all of your pain


And then dumping it on me



And I’ll take it willingly

Without a single complaint

And showcase my sacrifice for none to see


Well, it's true - you've been acquitted


And I give up - I've quitted

I'll just lay in the middle of your busy road

Just do what you want

And I'll do it, too

I'll ignore everything I've ever been told


They say I make no sense


That all my sanity's already been spent


But there's really no need for any clarity


When all that has to be understood is this:


None of your shots have missed

one plus one's two, then two plus two's four

and there's nothing more that I'd adore

than to not have to go through this anymore

step back a bit and settle the score

but oh my! that's certainly a lie

I won't even attempt to deny

I like this pain and I don't know why

it's what you do to me and you don't even try

it's not so bad, but it's not so right

i wonder about it each and every night

if I should get into you or listen to them

either way I go, I'm not gonna win

'cause one way leads to cravings

and the other to misbehavings

it's either safe but screwed

or screwed but happy

They say I make no sense

That all my sanity's already been spent

But there's really no need for any clarity


When all that has to be understood is this:


None of your shots have missed

Well, I've come to a consensus

Yeah I said it and meant it

I know what I have to do

Listen up, and I'll go and tell you

Well, your permission's granted 'cause I know where my heart lies

And it's completely true 'cause the heart never lies

I'll just take what might hit and go with the flow

Yes, I'll lay in the middle of your busy road


No comments:

Post a Comment