Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Untitled from 09/2009

Background: Crushing on/liking/being in love with your best friend's boyfriend is obnoxious...I would imagine...ha...so here's a little somethin' somethin' about that conflict. Not quite finished, but close

We want the same thing

Guess our kind of minds do think alike

But it’s you who gets the prize

Because he was never mine


Can’t say I’ll love him better

So instead I get to love him, bitter

Two years running - you’re still the winner


Better one of us than none of us?

My pathetic attempt at self-consolation

But no - take the boy, I’ll take the tears

And I’ll take my peace, you take the fears


Fears of the heart broken again

We both know how he is

We know how nicely it begins

And how horribly it always ends


And maybe I’ll forever be stuck as the friend


No comments:

Post a Comment