Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Self Esteem

Background: Started this probably September 2005 but may have added more later. About a good friend I used to have with relatively low self-esteem

Self Esteem

That’s what she needs

Because she looks in the mirror

And just wants to scream

She picks apart herself

Finding nonexistent flaws

And sinking deeper into her self hatred

Until at last she falls


Damn that mirror

It only shows a fragment of the truth

No stupid piece of glass

Depicts what’s inside of you

She’s a beautiful person

And a mirror isn’t needed to see it

If there was just only some way

I could make her believe it


She quietly sings

a sorrowful song

Pointing out everything

She thinks that is wrong (that she thinks is wrong?)

She has it hammered

And drilled boldly into her head

That she is imperfect

So at night she cries in her bed


She’s a truly blessed person

On the inside and on the out

And I can’t stand that she’s oblvious

Lost in her world of personal doubt

If only I could alter her self-interpretation

And convince her that she needs no altercations (is in need of no)

She’s perfect the way she is

And I wish she could see it

If there was just some way

I could make her believe it


She is too good, too wonderful

To be thinking like that

And it kills me every time


Low confidence can be the downfall

To such an amazing being

All because she (only) concentrates

On the things she thinks she sees

She has it all

I look at her and see it

If there was just some way

I could make her believe it


No comments:

Post a Comment