Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Movie Song

Background: Written sometime in November 2008, I think. Inspired by this boy I was in love with, the fact that I'm a film major, and "If We Were a Movie" by Hannah Montana.

Hey, so let’s make a movie - you and me
Let me tell you how our lives would play out on the silver screen
You’d be Mr. Hot Stuff, and I’d be the girl no one sees
And I’d watch you from afar until fate intervenes

We’d be lab partners, and you’d be getting every question wrong
So I’d helping you out, and you’d be turnin’ me on
Sparks would sure fly, but the drama would go long
Until you surprised everybody by bringing me to prom

Or we could be star-crossed lovers from opposite sides of the track
To just get in a peak, we’d have to go behind everyone's back
And the love would flourish until the secret cracked
It would blow up at first, but then they’d cut us some slack

Chorus
So let me direct you over here - cut the lights up bright
As I write a script for you and me, yeah, you and me
We’ve been in pre-production too long - ‘bout time the camera starts rolling
Watch my fantasies play on screen. But it would just be a movie
I guess you’ll never actually love me


So our next feature could be fast paced action
First we’d be at each other’s throats, then lips at each other’s necks
Once we put aside differences and began watching each other’s backs
End it with a victory over the bad guy and, well, you know what’s next

Or maybe we’ve been BFFs since we were two
And of course I’d love you, but you wouldn’t have a clue
There’d be some other girl, and I wouldn’t know what to do
Spend every single night secretly crying over you

The sexual tension would become almost too much to bare
We’d be caught in the midst of awkward, but telling stares
Until that night when I’d confess just how much I cared
And without a second thought, you’d kiss me hard right there

Repeat Chorus

From opening credits to that final kiss
I’ve got it all typed up in my head in screenplay format
You don’t know how many times I’d watch this
It could be an Oscar winning epic

See, I could be the Winslet to your DiCaprio
Beating box office records and everyone would know
Of our on screen chemistry and the way you loved me
If only real life would turn into my make believe movie

No comments:

Post a Comment